Wow, its been a while since I’ve been able to try out a new recipe! We’ve been pretty busy lately and this week was no exception, but I did find a few minutes to whip up these cupcakes. Don’t be fooled by the title though. They are most definitely not the traditional “cupcake” you’re thinking of, but a breakfast cupcake! This week I’ve been trying to get up and hit the gym early rather than trying (and failing) to go at night after a long day. Look for my post tomorrow about incorporating morning workouts. These cupcakes are a perfect breakfast for the morning workout when you just want to grab, heat for a few and go!
So I kind of fell upon this recipe when I was trying to whip up some oatmeal to have ready to go for the week. I was boiling the water and started to think that eh, maybe not. I’m not sure if its the *hopefully* warmer weather on its way in or just that I’m getting bored of my typical breakfast, but I was just not feeling the typical breakfast of oatmeal. Plus, I need something more…transportable. These were perfect!
Baked Oatmeal Cupcakes
– 2 cups Oatmeal (prepared according to package)
– 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
– 2 tablespoons Vanilla extract
-1/3 cup Almond flour
– 1/3 cups Dried coconut
– 1 tsp Cinnamon
– 2 tsp Baking Powder
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 4 tablespoons Dried Cherries (or another preferred dried fruit-optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook oatmeal according to package.
2. Once completed combine all dry ingredients and mix. Add in vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup, mix until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into pre-greased cupcake tins. Once completed top with dried cherries and push slightly into cupcakes!
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
**Make sure to let cool before removing…or else they’ll collapse!
Hope you enjoy these! Definitely a breakfast meal…but its cuter to call it a cupcake, right? But, I don’t know you…maybe this is your typical cupcake treat. You do you. 😉
So how about you…What do you do for breakfast? How about working out, do you try the morning workout or are you a late night gym go-er?