UM, yes. I don’t know about you, but I’m constantly looking for something warm and sweet for breakfasts. Blame it on the weather or whatever, but I just constantly am looking for something comforting in the morning to eat while sipping my coffee, watching the news and getting ready to bundle up to meet the frigid temps on my walk to work. Last week I tried to do the morning smoothies again, but was craving that warm up in the morning. I was planning to whip up some more of my Carrot and Banana Muffins, but I was fresh out of bananas and let’s be honest, too lazy to walk to the store. Solution? Raid the fridge and see what I can make.
So here we are friends, the best new breakfast. Behold. Fluffy, Protein yummy rich Oatmeal. I mean, whats a girl to do when you have a container of egg whites and a pantry with a few staples. Easy, peasy breakfast for the week!
Fluffy Egg White Oatmeal
- 5 cups of water
- 2.5 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Optional: Fruit, Maple Syrup, Coconut, Nuts…You name it!
- Combine steel cut oats and water into a lidded pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- When almost all of the water is gone, add in egg whites and vanilla. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- When its nice and fluffy, you’re done! The final texture is almost like tapioca.
- Optional: Top with a drizzle of Maple syrup or honey, nuts, fruit. Your choice!