Happy Wednesday! Whoop whoop! Not like a typical hump day. TGITWBT, am I right? Oh, you didn’t know that meant thank god its the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Sorry, I may or not be getting a little weird this week. Anyways, I wanted to share a recipe with you just in case you’re feeling fancy in the morning and want to whip up something for breakfast for the fam on Thanksgiving. This recipe is also great for a week of breakfasts! Eat it up! I whipped up a batch this week for an early work meeting and it was gone before 9am. Good sign, right? This recipe was inspired by a recipe I found on Food Addict and Fitness Fanatic. I whipped up a slightly different version since I was feeding a group (and honestly, I couldn’t find my muffin tin…;-) )
Blueberry Oatmeal Quinoa Bake
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats; grind in food processor or blender
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup frozen (or fresh!) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cook quinoa according to package; Add cinnamon to boiling water.
- While the quinoa cooks, mix together the remaining ingredients except for the blueberries.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, let cool slightly and then mix into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and top the batter with the blueberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightlyyy (like tiniest amount) crisp on top.