Hi Friends! This week was a great mix up of all my workouts. I feel like I really hit an awesome balance of my running with cross training, stretching and REST. Onward!
- Saturday: Since we were out of town for our friend’s wedding, I hit up the hotel gym to get in a workout in the morning. It kind of makes me miss having gym equipment, but definitely can’t beat running outside when the weather is still nice enough to do it!
- Sunday: Definitely needed a rest day following the wedding. Enough said. I took a walk over to Gap and used this coupon to hit up the outlet during the Eagles game…anyone who is dating an Eagles fan who’s not a huge fan themselves can understand why sometimes you need to step out of the house during the games.
I got some super cute new workout clothes, a skirt, shoes and a top. LOVE it. One thing I didn’t love? The employees. Not to bad mouth a store, because I understand as I’ve worked in customer service before that sometimes it can be tough to just suck it up and smile, but they were all miserable. I’m considering writing a letter; it really ruined the experience unfortunately.
- Monday: I originally had planned to run today, but my running buddy wasn’t able to meet up today and wanted to swap our run to Tuesday. I was off on Monday so naturally I should have had plenty of time, but somehow I got caught up running errands, cooking, grocery shopping, organizing and so on… so I ended up doing this workout at 9pm to get a little strengthening in!
- Tuesday: All day long I was wiped out, but somehow managed to get in my 4 miles. We ran on the new Schuylkill Banks Boardwalk which was super nice with a cool breeze for running. There was a pretty good crowd of people running and it still managed to keep a nice flow that wasn’t too congested. Also, they have solar powered lights which is very nice for more evening runs. Ps. sorry my picture is blurry! I was uber hungry and ready to get home for dinner so it was multitasking mode for me…ie. snapping pictures while running
- Wednesday: A little repeat of my Tuesday run along the river. Another 4 mile run, but tonight I was definitely more invigorated and ready to go! I ended the run with a a quick yoga sequence at home to stretttchhh it out. These pics were a tinyy intsy bit better. Great hill workout, can you tell?!?
- Thursday: Well, the plan was a Yoga class, but I woke up feeling pretty wiped out from my week and possibly from the night prior…Also, I had an awesome opportunity to participate in a a dinner by sweetgreen featuring their newest items for the upcoming fall menu. Stay tuned for more about this soon!! Although, I skipped out on my workout I truly think this was what my body and my mind needed. Amazing food, fun with friends, fresh air and a little sip or two (or ten) of wine. It was lovely hanging out with the ladies of City Fit Girls which had put on the awesome Fit Retreat in August!
- Friday: Today the plan is for a 9.5 mile Run. We’re headed up to Pennypack to mix up our scenery a little bit. We found it on a list recently published by Be Well Philly naming the “5 Gorgeous Philly-Area Running Trails to See Fall Foliage”. How can you deny that? Afterall, everyone loves a selfie with a beautiful background…and I’m all about the mid run selfie/portrait shot.
Hope you all had a happy, healthy week and a wonderful weekend!