Sometimes a girl (or a guy!) just needs some chocolate. I recently made this easy mug cake and O.M.G. I’m in love. Super good, relatively guilt free and makes just enough that you don’t have it lying around tempting you to gobble it all up. No worries though…in case you want to make enough to share I’ve included the ingredients and directions for the “shareable” portion as well.
Single Serving: 5 Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp real maple syrup (can also sub in honey or agave if you like!)
1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Spray standard coffee mug with cooking oil (I like to use coconut oil, but up to you!)
3. Pour ingredients into mug and cook for 2 minutes. Check after 60 seconds. It should be firm, but still have a slight glisten on top!
But, just in case you decide you do want to share…
Shareable Serving: 5 Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰
2. Mix ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour all ingredients into greased 9-inch pie dish
4. Bake for 12-18 minutes at 350. Make sure to check frequently depending on your oven. Just the same as mug cake… It should be firm, but still have a slight glisten on top!