I had the day off today and went nuts with organizing. Serious spring cleaning. Like 6 bags of donations serious. Anyways, after spending the day cleaning I wanted to make something semi easy for dinner, but also wanted to do something to celebrate a HUGE accomplishment of the boyfriend. Since he’s normally a good sport about eating whatever o dd kale-chia-seed-sweet -potato-spinach concoction I make I decided to go a little more towards his pallet for tonight’s celebratory dinner. As any man would like I went with some good old fashion Nachos, but with a healthy twist and they were SO good. Here’s the recipes!
- Few handfuls of organic blue corn tortilla chips
- Few handfuls of Trader Joe’s quinoa black bean tortilla chips (UGH, in love)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 can of organic black beans
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ of ripe avocado
- 1 Tomato (I prefer romas!)
- Approximately ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400⁰
- Prior to preparing, cook chicken and dice.
- Mix two types of chips and lay on baking sheet.
- Cover chips with diced chicken and black beans. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes to melt cheese. Switch to broil for 3-4 minutes. (Watch carefully!)
- Serve with avocado, tomato, salsa and Greek yogurt (think sour cream!) as desired!
And, naturally because it was celebratory we each had a Corona with lime. Such a perfect pairing!